Here's a list to update you guys on my daily life...most points of which have become moderately to extremely aggravating. But no, this is not supposed to be a post full of complaints. I do want you to continue to waste your precious minutes every day checking my blog to see if I've written anything, after all.
1. We arrived back at our house from our Mexican vacation exactly two weeks ago today. And I still have not had ANY time to even look at my pictures. (Including the very exciting wedding and family portrait opportunities I had - have not even LOOKED at the pictures.)
2. I have not had a chance to go grocery shopping in about 6 weeks. SIX WEEKS!!! This has resulted in poor eating habits and a hole in my wallet. I might as well just burn my paychecks when I get them.... that would probably be the only more ridiculous way to use my money.
3. About this "time" issue... you may think, "She's exaggerating. We're all busy, but she just needs to manage her time better," with which I'd agree. But in my own defense, in those past 6 weeks we have not been able to spend a single weekend at home. During the weekdays, I work full-time, and at nights, I have had an abundance of meetings and events (all that I've wanted to do - no one has been twisting my arm or anything). When I have had an hour or two of free time, it's usually after 10:00 at night, and I choose to spend time with Clark instead of going to the 24-hour Walmart for groceries.
4. I'm kind of stressing out about Father's Day. I'm only writing about this because my dad does not read my blog. It's important to him, and I can't find a way to make it special. I have not been procrastinating as I've been thinking about it for weeks, but as of yet, I haven't come up with ANYthing. I won't get to be there with him on the holiday, which kind of makes me feel like anything I try to do will ultimately fail. He's impossible to shop for and always claims to not want gifts - but if he didn't get anything, he'd secretly be hurt. My dad's great and I love him, which is the only reason I'm getting upset that I'm ruining it for him.
5. I have a lot of anxiety about making visits to Maryland. There's Father's Day and a baby shower for a dear friend that I have to miss this weekend. In July, there's the fact that Amy is on vacation from Iraq, and my dad's birthday and a friend's bridal shower all happen on different weekends. In August, my friend Mary will probably have her baby and I want to meet him. In September, there's a wedding in Virginia. I can't find a way to make this all work!!!! And I'm aggravated about it because I want to do it all!!!!! Ahhhhhh! Not gonna lie.... I miss living there sometimes.
6. I have a new website that was supposed to go up last week. But then I couldn't finish some last minute files. And it's still not up. Probably won't be up this week at all either. Or next week.
So, I'm being a downer to myself. Let's start making a list of happy things.
Jess' Happy List1. Jenna (my sister-in-law) graduated high school and I'm SO proud of her!
2. We're leaving for a missions trip to Honduras in less than 49 days!
3. Clark took me on a date last Friday to see Up and it was really good! I didn't think I was going to like it because the previews were boring, but I laughed the whole time.
4. I successfully taught some preschoolers at church on Sunday with no catastrophes!
5. Clark made me dinner and.... I'll leave you with this....
6. He bought me these yesterday (Sara Lee Strawberry Cheesecake Bites)!!!!!!