I reached 35 weeks on Wednesday and I didn't have a baby! This is very exciting. I'm now more pregnant than I've ever been before, seeing as I had already delivered Lily Mae by this time. As of today I've only got 12 more days until I reach full-term pregnancy! Half of the time that feels really fast and totally doable, while the other half of the time that seems like an eternity away and impossible to reach. I guess we'll all just have to sit back and see what happens.
I'm feeling pretty pregnant, whatever that means, but I think I'm fairing pretty well in comparison to the average 35-weeker. I'm just tired and not sleeping well, and my lower back hurts. Sitting on the floor with the kiddo makes my left leg fall asleep almost instantly, but lounging on the couch makes me light-headed. Catch 22. I get Braxton Hicks contractions a lot these days, and my anxiety skyrockets with each one. I can't help it. I don't get happy/sad mood swings or crying episodes, but by golly am I snippy. My belly growth rate has definitely slowed but my weight gain hasn't (and that makes me pretty frustrated - I'm already at the upper limit of my target gain range, so I guess I'll be going over). That just means I'm gaining elsewhere - blech. At least I'll make the rockin' world go 'round.
(Did anyone get that? Anyone? [crickets...])
Wanna hear good stuff? Of course you do!!
- I have no swelling.
- My blood pressure and Puggle's heart rate are stellar.
- I only have one more injection (!!).
- I have all Julee's cloth diapers, accessories for her co-sleeper (leg extensions and sheets), and enough clothes to get us by. We've got the essentials!
- We put together her crib and took apart the guest bed that used to live in her room.
- I've been finding some snippets of time to do some crafting for her.
- I can still shave my legs.
- I've made plans with one of my best friends Megan to get pedicures on January 18th when I reach 37 weeks... as a kind of celebration for making it to term. (I've never had a pedicure before and I'm a little nervous, but I think it will be fun with her!)
- Lily Mae's bedtimes are going much better thanks to a new routine, and that's been a huge area of concern for me before Julee's arrival.
- Did I mention there are ONLY 12 DAYS left until I'm full-term and Julee can safely be born?? Did I?! Unreal.
I like to call this my about-to-go-to-bed-but-just-remembered-to-take-the-belly-picture look. Blahhhh. Embarrassing. Oh, and I want a tan.